Peter's Cross/Inverted Cross

I found this website, thought it was pretty neat (link below)..if the inverted cross is ment to mean humility, why are so many christians offended by it?

necro1134

Asked by necro1134 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Simply-- because of how they are raised. 'Do as I say, not as I do,' and the fact that many (that -I- personally have come across) simply don't wish to educated themselves past what they learned in grade school.

For example, I'm a 3rd generation Pagan, 4th Gen Psychic/Tarot reader, myself. I was raised in a Chrisitian home (adopted) but found my roots when I contacted my biological mother. We read for others, all the time.

My new hubby's mother refused to attend our Handfasting/Wedding ritual because it was 'not of god' and 'satanic' because we chose some festive skulls and dancing skeletons on our wedding invitations... we originally planned on getting married in October, but our son decided-- surprise-- to show up exactly a month early, so it had to be scraped till our anniversary. It was a lovely gothic-style ceremony with 'Day of the Dead' bride and groom atop our cake-- and EVERYONE who attended loved it.
    Anonymous

• anon-your handfasting ceremony sounds lovely :)

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Why are so many Christians offended by it?

Taken from your own link: "This inverted cross is sometimes used by Satanists to mock the Latin Cross and its meaning."
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• DusterMommy, yep i got that part, but just wanted to know if Christians knew its how st. peter was crucified, why they would be offended by it. but thanks for the copy and paste answer :)

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Hey, you asked a question - I answered it. You didn't ask if people KNEW it's meaning - just why they were offended.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• the Handfasting was wonderful-- my father hand stripped the chicken for shredded bar-b-que, and my momther's friend made my wedding shawl and the cake for us-- red velvet with added chocolate inside. It was amazing... they could've at least showed up for the bar-b-que, geez.

And as far as the satanist stuff-- satanist dogma is based on you being the 'god' in your world to create and destroy your own path as you see fit. No horned heavy metal model here. Most of the satanists I've known over the years laugh at the whole inverted cross thing... unless they're in high school.
    Anonymous

• DusterMommy, did i not thank you for your anwer?
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I was going to say exactly what dusterMommy said. A girl came into the grocery store and made a very big production that her cross was to show there was no God.

I learned a long time ago that he didn't want to be killed the same way as Christ. However, I don't wear a crucifix to show how I want to die. I think that story is very commonly taught amongst school aged children so if they don't know, they were absent that day in Sunday School.
    Anonymous

• DusterMommy, did i not thank you for your anwer

with a sarcastic copy and past inserted after your equally sarcastic response you did thank her.
    Anonymous