How much do you tip the pizza guy?

Is 20% still the appropriate amount when tiping a pizza guy? More? Less?

Someone told me they only make like 2 or 3 dollars per delivery before tips so I feel bad if I don't tip 20% but when I did today the pizza guy told me "thank you" repeatedly and said he never gets tipped that well.

I thought that was kind of sad so I was just wondering how much other people tip the pizza delivery guy...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, they don't even make 2-3 before delivery, it is actually like 86 cents/delivery!! I tip at least $5, and more depending on how much I order.
    Anonymous

• Pizza places around me charge $4.50 to deliver, the driver better get some portion of that. If my total is under $20 I just give them the whole $20 regardless if my order was $16.44 or $18.97.
    Anonymous

• I guess it depends on where you live. I live in Yakima WA, and I work at Pizza Hut. They charge $2 for delivery, and $.75 goes to the driver for gas (and they drive their own vehicles). I agree with the first poster, I tip $5 + depending on the amount of the order.
    Anonymous

• Depending on alot of things. My favorite pizza place is just out of my delivery zone, but they deliver to me anyways so I always tip at least 8 dollars to them.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• tip them well! my ex is delivering pizzas while he is looking for a job in his field.... so many people don't tip, or just have him keep the loose change.... that sucks..... and they make very little off the "delivery charge"
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 4:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• we always tip 5 dollars and our pizza usually cost 20-30 dollars
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 5:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2010