What to do with a semi-trashed book?

I've always hated the thought of tossing a torn-up book/one in poor condition. So, can anyone offer up some advice on how to part with them? (I think the reason I feel bad about it is because I probably associate it with "burning books" -- like it's a no-no.)

also, what about kids' books/baby books that have sentimental value, but in poor condition? There's one that I have that I really don't care for, but it just has sentimental value because of a certain memory.

thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• get shadow boxes or frames....
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 3:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• If you have the time and creativity, use them for making a scrapbook. Cut out pics and phrases to paste around photos, cards, or handwritten notes that mean something. Or use the pics or phrases, and make handmade cards, collages to hang on a wall, or glue to a box to make a simple keepsake box. This way the books can be "preserved" and enjoyed for years to come!
    mommanott

Answer by mommanott at 3:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Perhaps you can use the pages (tear them out of the book, yes *sad face*) as a back ground to a scrap book.
    When I was a nanny for twins, the mom took pages out of very worn-out children books that the twins liked, papermached them onto a piece of cardboard and used that as a backing for her baby photos.
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 9:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010