Alcohol tolerance

The drinking at Chuck E Cheese question got me thinking.How do you know that having one beer makes you safe to drive? Have you ever tested to see if you are blowing a legal limit after having one? How do you know how long YOU have to wait to be safe? Its stands to reason that to be super safe,you should be limiting your drinking to being at home(or at least away from the kids' view) before you attempt to get behind the wheel.I'm dumbfounded why you even have to drink ANY at a casual dining restaurant!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you. I waitress at a pizza place and just yesterday a couple came in with 3 younger children. The oldest was 7 ( I know because the amt. we charge for kids depends on their age, so I asked.) The mom had 1 beer and the dad had 2. They left within an hour. Even if they were both okay to drive, it's not setting a good example for their kids and I just didn't get why they felt like they couldnt drink at home and save the 12 dollars they spent on beer.
    Anonymous

• Different strokes for different folks. Some people like to have beer with their pizza and they have to be the ones to judge their tolerance. Hopefully, if they get bombed off one beer someone will take their keys and they won't do it again. I on the other hand, don't drink at all if I am going to be driving and it takes me well over 3 beers to feel anything, but if someone else has a beer with their pizza or even wine in a formal setting, I don't think anything of it. Now if I saw someone pounding back shots in the middle of a kids pizza place, that would be a different story.
    Anonymous

• I don't even try to test the theory of how many I can have and still drive. My SO and I have a rule that if we are going to be in a setting where there will be drinking, we decide beforehand who will be the one to drink, if at all, and the other one drives. Like, for example, we went out to dinner for my birthday. I decided I wanted a margarita with dinner, so he had the keys and did the rest of the driving that night. We got a hotel room for some privacy, and even when we got up to go home at like 4am, he drove. We don't play games with that. Also, I tend to not drink when I am around my kids. I might have 1 wine cooler every now and then, but even then, usually not till they are in bed.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• If someone wants to drink A beer with dinner, BIG DEAL? As usual, bitching about what other people do.
    Anonymous

• my point is that there are you on here that say that you only have one and it doesn't affect you.So why do you bother having one if you feel nothing? If you have one and feel calmer or whatever,you're under the influence.Just save it for the end of the day when you'll be hopping into bed then.
    Anonymous

• Why bother drinking a glass tea if you don't feel a buzz after? give me a break. some people like the way beer tastes. Some people like the way a glass of wine tastes. My husband LOVES beer. One glass will not get him buzzed but he likes to wash down his burger with it because to him it tastes good. Me? I prefer my iced tea and I dont' get a buzz. Now I'll question why I bother drinking it because I don't get a buzz....
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 3:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• "my point is that there are you on here that say that you only have one and it doesn't affect you.So why do you bother having one if you feel nothing?"

So a person can't have a beer unless they intend to get trashed? That makes sense. Some people like the way beer tastes. Get over it.
    Anonymous

• I could not agree more, serving beer in a childrens play enviroment is wrong. Don't get me wrong, I drink occasionally, but I think there's a time and place for everything.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010