3.5 and no where near potty trained! HELP!!!

My son is 3.5 years old and knows what the potty is, what it's for and has even sat on it and "pee'd" a few times! He doesn't understand "tell mommy BEFORE you have to go to go" so please someone tell me how I can get him over the hurdle and on to using the pottie!

Thanx in advance for all your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I tried the 3 day training method. It worked really well for my dd. You can look up the info on babycenter.com. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Try taking him to the bathroom with you, no matter if ya gotta #1 or #2. When you do go, make sure you make a BIG deal out of it, like it's the coolest thing in the world. If he goes on the floor, don't make a huge deal out of it...but have him help you clean it up. Just "Ooops! Looks like you missed the potty."
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 3:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010