Does anyone else have a Britax Boulevard or another similar convertible seat? Is this right??

The headpiece seems to be too easy to move to me..

Of course I have my son in a Chicco Keyfit 30 (infant seat) right now (he's ALMOST too tall for it) and there is no headpiece to move in that seat.

Is the headpiece supposed to move forward and back easily?? It just seems to me like that would be too much movement in the event of an accident, but maybe I'm mistaken. Is the idea that the headpiece will move WITH the child ? I thought it was supposed to keep their head from moving forward but when my son is sitting in the seat strapped in (it's in the living room) I can easily bob his head forward by pushing on the headrest. Maybe this is how HUGS works ?

I know my cousins Marathon - the head of the seat doesn't move like this but maybe this is how Boulevards are?

I'm going to call the manufacturer but I want to know if maybe I am just confused and this is supposed to be like this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My boulivard head rest does move when it's pushed on but it doesn't just flop around.

If I remember correctly it's supposed to reduce the risk of internal decapatation and whip lash.

I will say that my DH and I were in a car accident about a year ago. Our daughter who was rear facing in this seat was the only one in was NOT hurt in the accident. MY DH and I are still recovering.
    Anonymous