What was the day of your child's birth and labor like?

I woke up around 2am on Dec 4th contracting. Didn't want to wake up the hubby. Layed in bed until like 8, contracting like a son of a gun. Didn't want to go to the hospital and be "that woman who doesn't really know when she's in labor." Did some stuff around the house. Went to get hubby's haircut around 2pm. By 3pm I couldn't take it anymore. Called the doc. Went in and was 1.5 cm at 3:30pm. "Not today," he tells me. BP was high, so I needed some tests done. We got the the test place in the hospital around 4:30 and I was 4.5 cm dialated! Not today my ass! Admitted at 5pm. Epidural around 8:30pm. Water broke at 10pm. Fully dialated at 11pm. Started pushing around 11:20pm. Baby was out after 2.5 pushes at 11:25pm. (I had predicted that my son would be born on the 5th...he came 35 minutes early! Little bugger!!)

Born2BAMommy5

Asked by Born2BAMommy5 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• aww my daughter was born on december 4th 2007! Unfortunately I never went into labor. Lilly was born by c-section once it got to the point where she was a little more than 3 weeks late. They tried inducing labor on december 2nd, that didnt work after trying for 2 days. so into the operating room I went. lol. Funny how things never go as planned.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Similar experience. My contractions started and I layed around waiting for them to get regular for like 3 hours. They didn't hurt much but they were coming every 10 minutes so I thought that meant I should go, I was so dumb. lol. So i went, and the doctor was like, not today go back home after a few hours. I was like almost 1 cm diallated. lol. So i went home and the contractions kept getting worse and worse. I couldn't lie down anymore or do anything. Started cleaning around the house and getting things ready. Then had intercourse , people told me would speed the process up, then showered n pop went my water. Then the contractions really started coming! every 5 minutes. I thought I would go fast n have the baby. But no I kept having contractions I couldn't stand till the next morning all night in very bad pain. NO MEDS. i DIED! literally wish i had.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Which day? Her L&D spanned 3 days.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 3:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Went into labor, admitted into the hospital, had my arm stuck twice b/c the nurse couldn't get my IV right, 24 hours of labor, 4 hours of pushing, c-section. Not a pretty experience
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• #1 was a week late, and there was a snowstorm rolling in. sitting on the couch thinking to myself that YEP this is it. shaving my legs in a bucket while sitting on the couch watching the View. lol

#2 summer day - a bearable day, woke up with a ton of energy - then had a nap. woke up and KNEW it. went for a long walk - came home called the MIL to come watch the oldest while we had a baby. went in had baby and were out the next morning.

#3 smokin hot day in the middle of the summer - I'd been on the induction wait list for 7 days (in non productive labour for 6 weeks before that) - finally got the call that they had a room for me - after what seems like very woman in the city had a baby that week - lol - got there at 1, passed the kids to my parents who met us there. went in got induced - baby born at 7, my parents got there to trade the kids back to daddy for the night - they met their sister and went home.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Windy spring day. I already had an appointment for that afternoon at about 2:30. The hospital was an hour and a half away, so, I was already up and getting ready. At 12:00, I was brushing my hair and felt a slight pain in my back. I sat for a minute and it eased up...I git back up and again it started. I sat again, lol. It kept coming in waves and getting worse. I finally decided that it had to be contractions and called my mom who was supposed to be leaving work to come drive me anyway and she said it sounded like it and she would go ahead and leave. My due date was the Saturday and this was a Monday. We drove to the doctor and went in..I told him I thought I was in labor. He said i was and that i was 4-5cm. I went to the hospital side and told them he said to admit me. They got me into a room and into bed. Sometime later, he came in and checked me and decided that my water needed to be broken and that my contractions weren"t
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• cont. good enough for him. He also gave me pitocin. Waited some more... Then a nurse asked if i felt pressure and i said yes, since i got here. LOL She checked and said the baby was right there. The doc came in, I pushed 2 times, had to stop for suctioning, then a half time to get him out. He was born at 7:01pm. Very uneventful. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• BradenIsMySon: My son's name is Brayden too...seems like that name for a baby makes for a quick delivery!!
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• LOL....that's awesome. If I ever have another child I might need to ask who had fast labors and what did they name their kids. HAHA
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2010