Do you think medical marijuana should be legalized in all states?

I just saw on The Doctors where it has helped an autistic boy and worked wonders for his personality and apetite. And I know that it can help many chronically ill people. I think it should be legalized for medical use in all 50 states AND on a federal level. How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• YES! For medicinal and entertainment uses...

If we legalize pot we would pay less in court fees and prison fees for minor offenses like possession, which cost THOUSANDS of tax payer dollars every year. More people would be permitted to acquire actual legal work and there would be less dealers out there. It would also stop so many kids from becoming comfortable on the drug scene. And the additional taxes would help to stimulate the economy.

What it comes down to is Pot is LESS dangerous than Alcohol. By applying similar laws to Pot as there are to Alcohol we would still be able to have some control and would be able to apply the MILLIONS spent each year on the product to the economy. It would also create more jobs. The people who want to smoke pot already do - that wouldn't change. The only thing that would change is that the money could be put to good use instead of a dealers pocket!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• 1MILLION PERCENT I THINK IT SHOULD BE LEGALIZED.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Strictly for medical reasons? Yes...

Other than that, no.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think it is up to each state to decide.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• For medical reasons ONLY. Yes.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes and it will be one day..Marijuana is a natural plant just like fruits and vegs and herbs for cooking..Some of those prescription drugs out there are 100x's more dangerous to the people prescribed and to the people using them to get high..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 3:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• no
    Anonymous

• Yes, absolutely. If it can help people who are ill why should we be against it?
    Anonymous

• definitely. I feel so sorry for ill people to have to leave their state so they can not feel like crap during chemo and other things like that. It really should be made more convenient for them. It should be a handicapped rule or something.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• my qualm about marijuana in general is that you would have to set many limitations. I live in colorado and it is legal in many places here (if not everywhere here, i have heard it was totally legalized but it isn't publicized... idk) where do you draw the line? who gets it, etc?
    i look at getting high from marijuana aside from medicinally as getting drunk. jmo...
    i am against marijuana use in general.
    however, with the way our economy is... legalize it period, then tax the HECK out of it!!!!!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010