how would you take this?? :) no bashing! I feel bad enough.

the other day a lady poked my stomach and asked "what is this?" referring as she thought I was pregnant. I have hypothyroid not gaining weight is pretty much avoidable..Needless to say I'm not pregnant I'm fat but how insulting and rude is that? don't that just piss you off when people assume to much about you? I mean like it's their business anyways. Thanks lady just made me wanna find comfort w food....and I was being so good too :)

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• AFTER A FEW MONTHS AFTER I HAD MY DD SOME LADY I KNEW ASKED IF I WAS PREGNANT AND I JUST TOLD HER NO ITS BABY WEIGHT AND SHE TOLD ME WOW DONT YOU THINK ITS TIME TO LOSE IT ...I WAS LIKE WTF ....AND SHE'S NOT SKINNY EITHER!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Oh no! I have a rule. Never ask a woman about pregnancy. I don't care if she looks like she's about to go into labor. If they bring it up I will talk about it. My friend did that to someone. She was so embarrassed to find out the woman was not.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Its just as crappy as being pregnant and people think you are just fat.
    People are mean,..
    I remember with my daughter in one day I got 2 insults.
    I was 9 months just about to pop and the pharmisist asked If I was pregnant I said Umm ya , she said sorry it is just people that look like you are normally just fat.
    Then we went to 711 for water and the clerk kept asking if I was sure it wasnt twins because I was to big.

People are mean.

Not trying to be mean but you can pull the " fat person" joke my sister does.
    She is a littl eplump and when people poke her she says " hey better watch it you know how us fat folks are you might just pull back a bloody nub,."
    LOL gross I know but it gets people to leave her alone.
    Anonymous

• I'd be like "Excuse me, who the hell are you & why the hell are you poking my stomach. Yes I'm fat & NO i'm not pregnant. If you don't like it look the other way." I myself am pregnant but I was fat before I got pregnant. So when shoppin or something my friends will be like you're only big because you're pregnant. I always tell them no sorry I'm fat was fat & will be fat after the baby. LOL. I know the feeling I have gallbladder issues so until they can take it out, I have a hard time with my weight, I look like a balloon most days. I look like I"m 9months pregnant carring 8lb twins. Well thats what I feel like anyways. Goodluck, next time bitchslap her. or tell her, her botox didn't work. hehe =)
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• that has happened to me at work. People at work who I didn't talk to were talking about gathering baby clothes for me.. uh, yeah, I am not pregnant.. just fat from meds and lack of self controll... thanks!! wahh...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• that sucks! i have a gut too. no excuse for me. but i work with kids and they ask all the time if i am going to have a baby. i am used to it now... dont take it to heart.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Personally, I would have smacked her hand when she touched my body.
    Anonymous

• This is why I never ask someone if they are PG unless I am positive they are!! Ugh
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I was in church one time and some nice (and I'm sure well meaning) Christian lady came over to welcome me. She asked when I was due. I smiled sweetly and laughed and said "Oh sweetie that's not a baby, that's just fat". I figured I'd say it before she did. Some people open their mouth without thinking and their foot goes straight in. Just laugh at their ignorance

Answer by admckenzie at 3:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I also have hypothyroidism, and I know how you feel on the weight gain thing. It's already bad enough our food is contaminated with growth hormones and toxins which can cause, and make hypothyroidism worse, so it's very hard to actually get the thyroid hormone on track and the weight gain is horrible. Some people try to say people with HYPOthyroidism are just making excuses for not wanting to lose weight, but have you ever seen someone with HYPERthyroidism? They can't keep weight on at all. It just burns off and even caused my mom's ex to go from150 to 88 lbs in a few months, well HYPOthyroidism does the opposite.
    Anonymous