• In the Spotlight:

My friend....

My best friend is really irritating me lately and I hate that because we are close but I am getting to the point where I can't stand her. Firstly, we were pregnant together, I lost my baby at 25 weeks. I was the one trying, she got pregnant from a one night stand. Now, I'm buying a house and she's made fun of everything. We can't afford a 200,000 home, but the one we are looking at is 90,000 . I love it and it's perfect for us but instead of being happy she acts like we're moving to a dump and one day she can afford a huge house. She got back alot in taxes and brags about the money she makes and all the nice things she can get. I got more back and I'm not doing that to her. I can't even talk to her about things because everything I do is stupid or beneath what she can do. Anyone been through this? I am at my wits end with her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I am sorry for your loss. I think you should sit down together and talk about these things. If you're truly best friends you should be able to communicate with each other. If you still can't work it out just stop talking to her for awhile. Sometimes people grow apart.
    Anonymous

• Same here. I agree. Talk it through. But I think whats truly bothering you is how everything is easier for her to get han it is for you. life isn't fair and you shouldn't hate. But if she's getting too smart about it, you should tell her how u feel. It's better than resenting her. You shouldn't want to avoid ur bf.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• you just need to tell her how you feel. I had a friend who was into herself, and it drove me nuts. I don't talk to her anymore, unless she come around to my house( which isn't often). I find life to be so much better without her...even though I miss her (we've been friends for 12 years). You can really see the flaws people have when you start getting your life together...it's like you grow up and they stay kids.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 3:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I have a " bad bestfreind too". We are having some serious issues lately, I don't know what to do either. Good luck on your new home, how exciting.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Let her know that her constant putting you down hurts you deeply. You should not say anything about her success because it will make you appear as nothing but jealous. Just talk to her about the way she reacts to you and how it makes you feel. Try practicing what you should say to her, that way you are not so angry when talking with her. If you want to keep her as a BF then remind her you are only saying this because you don't want to jeopardize your relationship any farther with being silent about your pain.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I don't think telling her how you feel is the answer. She sounds like the kind of person that would just defend and deflect. Get rid of her, she is toxic. If that is too hard to do abruptly then do it gradually. And in the meantime, when she makes a bigger/better comment, use sarcasm. It's a great tool. Say, "I know, yours is better, mine sucks, hahaha".
    Good luck, and so sorry for your loss. I had kindof the same thing once, where I was desperate to concieve, and my friend was preggers from a one nighter and she was devastated and so unappreciative of her pregnancy. The whole time she talked about how she didn';t want the baby. URRGGH>Life is too short for these people.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2010