Finding a Job...Anyone use Monster.com or any other network?

I'm trying to figure out first of all what it means when it asks for "resume name". At first I thought I was suppose to put the name of the field i'm interested in but then next to it it says "Desired job title" so i guess that's sort of the same thing.

I also need to know which (if any) job sites you've had the most responses to, even if a job didn't come out of the phone calls and/or interviews. I really need to find a job(and realize I'm not the only one in this predicament) so if you can send some suggestions my way I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 3:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• for the resume name, i just put my job title and ive had interviews from Monster.com and i've also used indeed.com and believe it or not, i got a job off of craigslist.org.
    Anonymous

• Thanks so much. I was looking at craigslist too, but we've had alot of scams out here in vegas and they even had a report on the news a week or two ago about craigslist ads being scams. Never heard of indeed.com i'll check it out now.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• ask rkoloms for help. She is a mom on here that is regularly in Money & Work. I believe you can load up to 5 resumes on Monster. So you can give them different names. I'm not sure what shows up when a recruiter looks at them.
    Anonymous

• If you are an accountant, your resume should be titled: Jane Doe Accountant Resume; If you are applying for a bookkeeper job, have a resume titled Jane Doe Bookkeeper Resume; if you have a resume tailored to finance at a non-profit, your resume should be titled: Jane Doe NPF Finance Manager Resume; etc.

There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom job hunting moms group. If you would like to forward a copy to me, I will be happy to give you suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2010