What do you put in your kids Easter baskets?

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• Coloring books small toys and one bunny.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• One they are old enough not to eat it I put grass in their Easter baskets. We don't put anything else in until after the big family Easter egg hunt. Everyone brings candy, toys, and coins, and the kids cash in their plastic eggs for the goodies.
    Anonymous

• Candy, Eggs, and a stuffed animal.
    But we usually go to my aunts and she usually gives them toys too. ...i'm not really a big fan of toys in easter baskets.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Pencils, stickers, hot wheels, a little candy, nothing to exciting. We do a couple easter egg hunts around town and one at home. I put 50 cent pieces and gold $ coins in the eggs at home.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Back when I only had one child, I would put small toys, coloring books, a movie, candy, a bunch of stuff. Now that I have 3 and I really don't want or need anymore crap in the house, we only have an easter egg hunt. I fill those plastic eggs with candy. I do a ton, over a hundred. But I only put a few m&ms or something small in each. The kids have a lot of fun looking for them. They eat some candy, and that's that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• a colouring book, bubbles, a few chocolates, jelly beans and thats about it.

my mom goes haywire and overloads them with fun stuff. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• we don't do easter baskets we get the plastic eggs and put candy and stickers in them then we hide them in the backyard and they kids have an egg hunt on easter morning this is what they say they want evry yr my dad sends a gift card for them and they get a ready made backet at wal-mart that they pick out themselves and my mother in law buys them a ready made basket each yr too
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 5:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Clothes usually from Gap or Gymboree, a coloring book, some jewelry, or a CD. I do not put candy in their baskets I do like for them to have it and they do not miss it.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Usually a bunch of plastic eggs filled with various candy (not much, I don't like they making themselves sick on candy before dinner), a solid milk chocolate bunny and some small trinkets that I get in the dollar section at Target (or wherever I can find them). If I can afford it I get them each a small stuffed animal. It's not always a bunny. One year they each got dogs with bunny ears on.
    Mostly it depends on how they have been behaving up until Easter and how much money we have at the time. Some years they get more then others.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• The Easter Bunny brings new bathing suits. We are in FL and basically Easter is about the time when we start swimming again, so the kids get new bathing suits, bubbles, and a little bit of candy.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 5, 2010