What do YOU think is a good job?

I am so tired of seeing so many people complain about the EIC. But the most annoying comment that was made was women saying that those of us who do qualify for the EIC dont have good jobs. Well what is considered a good job? Did you ever stop to think that if we didnt have waitresses, cashiers, daycare workers or anything else that YOU consider "not good enough" that you wouldnt have the things that you do?! Who would watch your kids while you work 10 hour days? Who would stock the shelves in the grocery store for you to buy food? I think every job is important no matter how much or how little you earn for doing it. And YES we do qualify for the EIC and YES we do both work. Sorry if you feel our jobs are not good enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• clapping

LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 3:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• well put!
    I worked as a CNA for 8 years & was treated like trash by a lot of families of the residents. They treated me like a lower class citizen which blew my mind considering I was the one taking care of their loved ones.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I have crappy job and I hate it, but in this economy I feel very lucky to even have this job. I can pay my bills and live thanks to my paycheck.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• What is EIC?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• :) I had to look up EIC also. Its Earned Income Credit. Married couples making less than.. 33k? a yr get it.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think the rude woman who look down on others jobs are probablly at home living off their hubbys money. I am a SAHM however Ive done some of those crappy jobs- like working as a CNA or answering phones at a pizza place. $$$$ is $$$$. These woman want to talk about crappy jobs and how low income families are getting a handout- but i bet those snobs would have their hands out if they qualified. I dont see them giving back their tax returns small or large!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It seems like until i graduate school i will always qualify for EIC, hell SO and I combined make less than the cut off for one person to qualify for EIC...its hard...my job is good for me and my situation at the time, because i can go to school and my son isnt in daycare full time...but i cant wait to find a job working full time that covers my bills and leaves me with extra. A good job to me is something your happy doing that also supports your needs financially! Good thing ab my situation, by the time i start making more money, ill be used to a budget so ill be able to put it to great use!
    Anonymous

• I think the rude woman who look down on others jobs are probablly at home living off their hubbys money.

I assume you have no hubby.

That's what they're for.

And, yeah, it can be fun to even things up once in a while!   wink mini 

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• The problem is that we, as a country, prefer having the government support people over requiring businesses to pay a living wage.
    Walmart is the largest employer of public aid recipients in the US.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2010