What is your honest opinion of conservatives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Fiscally, they have better ideas. They care about the constitution and are sick of seeing it warped and trampled on. They tend to more aware and better informed. They tend to be older than liberals which is why they are more aware and better informed. They love their country and don't want a bunch of liberals turning it into Europe.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Narrow minded (see question about liberals for similar answer)
    Anonymous

• It depends, In real life I know many that I love and respect.

On CM, the ones that say they are conservative are NOT like the ones I know or have met.

I have no issue with people that are fiscal conservatives, Although I feel sometimes that care only or more about a bottom line than human beings.

Social censervatives I just plain disagree with on somethings and TOTALLy agree with on some...

In teh end, everyone is different and cant really give a good judgment aboyt EVERY conservative based on stereotypes

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I like fiscal conservatives.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I'll add one more thing. I'll flip parties the day the GOP abandons its abortion plank.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• As a conservative, I think our biggest issue is liberals. No, seriously, that's all. Actually, I think that wanting people to be responsible for their own actions and choices makes us seem inflexible. I don't see it as inflexible. I haven't always made the best choices in my life; however, I don't blame anyone for those choices, and I correct the mistakes I make to the best of my ability. I expect others to do the same. My husband and I work and pay our bills without any PA. We expect others to at least put forth at least a best effort to do the same. If you need some PA to make ends meet, then stop making it seems like it is my fault and my responsibility to take care of myself, my family and yours too. And say "thank you" from time to time.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think its great they stand up for their party and what is dear to them (example the tea parties). Maybe if those of us who are not conservative had stood up and done that during Bush's term we wouldn't have as many issues as we do
    Anonymous

• I love em...wish we had a whole Nation full of them ;o)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I'm grateful they're around, you can always learn from those who think differently from you. The world would be boring if everyone thought the same.

But I can't make a judgment on such a large group of people. Each individual is different. I married a conservative, I'm a liberal.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Conservatives on cafemom are a different breed!

Cafemom conservatives appear to be rigid, have difficulty changing with the times, the attitude that government isn't the answer but the problem(which has been proved to be false) Business left to its own will build giant hotels in Las Vegas without sprinkler systems, until there is a major fire and hundrends DIE, and then government must step in and force them to have strict building codes, fire alarms, sprinkler systems, or as conservatives call unwanted regulations.
    The same holds for all facets of American life, work place safety, business regulations, etc.
    Business and people left to their own greed run amok. Conservative refuse to recognize that government regulation is a necessary evil. IThey don't want government interference in their lives but are quick to want to ban abortion, gay rights, women rights, labor rights ETC.
    Anonymous