I have 2 kids from previous relationships and my husband and I want to have a child together....Im on the depo shot and Im suppose to go back in February so how long do you think it will take to get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No one can tell you this. Everyone is different. You like everyone else has to have sex and wait and see what happens.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• ok depo... say your next shot is due feb 3rd..the shot is still good for 2 weeks meaning if u miss that app the shot is still in your system...for 2 weeks. after that depends on how long u have been on it.. u can start maken a baby when u recive at least 2 to 3 normal periods.. but that could take anyweres from 6 months to a year. to get all "normal" theres still nothing wrong with trying to have a baby..thats the fun part, but could take at least a year to a year and a 1/2 to get a positive test.. ( sorry ) but u might be the lucky few that there bodies get back to normal with in 2-3 months..if u get a period mark it down.. next month u get a period mark it down.. are they the same time say the 23rd of each month.. if so awesome ur on track to the normal lol.. but it took me a year and 2 months to get back to normal i was on it for 4 years. best of luck.....
    Anonymous

• To be100% honest the average time periodis anywhere from immediately to 18months; however, many womenhave reported not being able to get pregnant for years after going off the shot.

Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and start charting to see if your ovulating.
    jblack34

Answer by jblack34 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• This happened to me I got off Depo and it took one whole year to be exact, for me to get pregnant, I was starting to think something was wrong with me. but the Doctor told me to expect it, but like pp says every woman is different.
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2010