The Stray Dog story:

If you've been following my stray dog story, I have some updated info. I had been visiting the stray dog at the shelter and paid the $35 sponsorship fee for her adoption. I had several people calling me and asking about her including a pitbull rescue woman. I was going to go get her and keep until I could find her home. The supervisor of animal control put her on hold for me until they could determine if she was adoptable. We discovered that she is not a pure breed pit and she tested positive for heart worms. There were also some warts on her that were potentinally cancerous. I could not foot the bill on this one. She was determined too sick to adopt and will be or has already been euthanized. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I just hope this story can help us all to see how prevalent animal abuse and animal dumping is. Thanks for all your kind words and support.

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 4:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pets

• You did everything you could for this dog- Be proud of yourself for stepping - up when so many others wouldn't of gave it a second thought- I hate to hear that he could not be saved but, he is sleeping peacefully now & not suffering- all because you cared.............
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I'm sorry. We've euthanized some of our pets. But the dog's not afraid, lonely anymore. He's playing with my dogs and cats.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Aww, well that is not the happy ending you probably hoped for, but at least the dog's last days were spent being loved and cared for and not sick and alone. Good on you for getting involved and doing the right thing!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• hope the sponsorship fee went to another dog
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• The sponsor fee went another dog. I boxer mix I picked as a second choice
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2010