runny nose doesn't always mean a cold..does it?

my 7mth start having a runny nose about a week ago. it started the day after we were out apartment hunting. I don't see how she could of caught a cold that quickly when she was bundle up well and she only got of the car twice and for the most part we were inside of the building. anywhoo her nose has been running sometimes its stuffy then within the next 30 minutes its running again. what do you think?

thanks for any comments or feedback

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I have news for you: catching a cold is about germs and viruses not weather.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 4:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It could be a cold. It could be allergies.
    Anonymous

• Ditto PP
    and NO it doesn't always mean a cold. It could be allergies too,
    Anonymous

• i told my husband this but he disagreed and said a person can catch a cold in the summer..what do ya know..I was right. But as far as germs go we constantly use sanitizer; of course not my daughter but before we touch her we use sanitizer.
    Anonymous

• It can also be due to teething.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It could be allergies. Usually a clear runny nose is allergies. It's not indicative of a cold unless she starts running a temp. Try to keep her propped up when she sleeps so that it doesn't settle. If she gets congested, you may have to take her in, regardless of if it's a cold or not.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My kids and I both get that way when we are out in the cold.

I hope she feels better quickly.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 4:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It could be a cold, allergies, or even teething. Both my kids got runny noses when they were cutting teeth.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Probably a cold or some other virus; probably not allergies... usually babies don't get environmental allergies during the first year -- the first year is their first exposure (sensitization), then next year the allergies hit.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 6:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010