Why do some people think it's ok to smoke in their car with their kids in the car or think its ok to smoke while pregnant? Do they not know what they are doing to their children? Why do they do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Because they're selfish.
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 4:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• In California it's illegal for anyone to smoke in the car with a child 14 years or younger in the car too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Many people are extremely selfish. I know that you can say that it's an addiction and blah blah but I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant and never looked back. You just have to WANT to be a better person.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 4:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I'm not sure why they do it. But I think it's stupid, I hate when I see women pushing strollers smoking cigarettes or carrying a baby smoking. I don't care if people smoke, i just wish they would consider their child's health.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant. I freak out about even having too much caffein. I had a 3 month pregnant woman light a cigarrette right in front of ME like it was no big deal!. It made me cringe. I just wanted to yank her baby out of her body and take care of it myself. I will never understand how women can not take care of their bodies while they're pregnant and be ok with it.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yeah, I don't get it either. I was a long-time smoker (10 years, pack a day) before I was pregnant and the day I found out from the HPT, I put them down for good. Even after my DD was born, I just couldn't justify smoking (not even outside away from her), knowing she would inhale the smoke off my clothes. I look at other moms who smoke while they're pregnant and wonder if they can't manage to make one little sacrifice for 9 months for their kiddos, what kind of parent will they be?
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Why do some people ask such asinine questions to stir up shit?

Why do some moms work while others stay at home?

Why do some people double wipe their butt?

For the love of sweet effing baby jesus, get a effing life.
    Anonymous

• While I don't agree with smoking while pregnant or in cars with kids, I am so sick of people whining about what other people do! Yes, I vent on here sometimes, but it's about what people do to ME. You can't tell other people what to do and you can't change them. Why spend so much energy bitching about what other people do?
    Anonymous

• Wow, guilty much Anon 5:43?

Anonymous

• Agreed. Anon:43 Sounds a bit quilty. I think it should be a law that you cannot smoke with anyone in the car under 18! Someone said in Cali it's 14- but even @ 14 a kid isnt going to tell their mom to put their cigarette out- I wish ALL states would pick up this law!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2010