Vaginal Dysplasia?

My mom just called me and told me that her OBGYN told her she has severe vaginal dysplasia...but didn't talk about any treatment or whether or not they should undergo any tests. My mother had precancerous cells on her cervix 11 yrs ago and had a hysterectomy...

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm really confused as to why her Doctor seems so nonchalant about this especially with my mother's history of "female problems"....but I'm not experienced enough in this area to give my mom any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Health

• It is very common as you get older. My OB said he takes care of this in older women all the time.
    Anonymous

• oops, didn't mean to hit anon.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 5:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Well, I had severe dysplasia on my cervix at age 22. LAst month I was scared as shit that I had rectal cancer, but it can a non-cancerous polyp. I will always have the thought in my head that the precancer will come back. Sometimes it does, and in a different location. All your mother can do is get checked frequently so it does not turn to the big "c" Docs get rid of the abnormal cells by cutting of freezing it off. My question is...did the historectomy have to do with the dysplasia or for another reason??

My sympathy goes to your family. Im sure the doc has a plan for your mother to get rid of the cells. She just didnt want to tell the whole story. Ask her if you really want to know. Unfortunatly it can come back. It varies from person to person. Once I wanted to talk to other females who have gone through this. I called the breast cancer society & spoke with a woman in her 40s who keeps getting the dysplasia. 6 time she
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 6:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• cont............when it to get rid of it. SOme people are more vulnerable to these nusances. Make sure your mother is healthy physically and mentally. If the immune system is weak, it is more suseptable to disease. This is a very common condition. All we can do is use preventative measures and get frequent checkups.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 6:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010