Did your husband propose to you the old fashioned way?

Did he talk to your parents and ask for your hand in marriage?

ptomom678

Asked by ptomom678 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no :(
    Anonymous

• nope....he asked me at a friends house when I went out to go smoke and he came in front of me and got on one knee and asked me. When I told my mom she was mad at first, but she got over it. She was mad because it was 2 months after I turned 18 and we were only dating for 3 months when he asked me. But we been together April will be 10 years now and October will be 7 years since we been married
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Am I the only one corny? LOL! My husband asked me then scheduled a sit down conference to ask for her permission.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My hubby and I were in bed when he asked! Personally, if any man asked my parents for my hand in marriage I wouldn't marry him. I know it's a old custom, but I don't care for it.
    Anonymous

• In my family, if he did not ask our marriage would not have been a pleasant in-law journey.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes, he did. He asked my parents for permission. Then, he took me out and proposed on bended knee in front of a lot of people. It was very sweet.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• That was sweet! It is nice to be old fashioned sometimes.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes he asked my parents and the three of them went together to pick out my wedding set/engagement ring. My dad even paid for it ($1500) and let DH make payments to him so that he could buy something more than he could afford at the time. My mom then helped him find a little porcelin box to put it in so i would have a keepsake later on. I knew they were all up to something lol but I still broke down crying when he asked me :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No. Nothing really. We just agreed to do it! No Great Story at all. No proposal. We met when I was 16 on Christmas eve, he was 18. But I had No real parents. So no one to care or ask anyway! But we're working towards 30 Years of marriage!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No, he hit me over the head with a stick and said "Marry me, woman."
    Anonymous