My 3 year old was playing with her cousin who is 4. They were quiet for a few mins so i went to check on them. She has her pants pull down (wearing a diaper) and he came out from behind the corner looking guilty, My 3 year old says "We are getting married." i asked why her pants were down and she said he kissed her on her diaper. What should i do about this?

My dd has never seen any kind of "sexual anything" from my husband and i. or on tv or anything like that. My husband and i work hard to shield her from those things like a good parent would do. My Sister on the other hand has shared rooms with her children with her bf. and i know they have seen sexual acts from them. I dont know what to do in this situation. i DONT want them even playing together anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell your sister what he was doing and that it seems fairly obvious where he learned that kind of behavior. If it were me, I wouldn't let them play together anymore.
    Anonymous

• Just explain to him that her diaper covers her private parts and so therefore it is not appropriate for him to touch that area in anyway. including kisses.
    It's really not that big of a deal. kids do this stuff all the time.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Oh my! I don't even want to think what would have happened if she would've been potty trained and not in a diaper...

I definitely wouldn't let my child play with any of her children either! Have you spoken with your sister about this? Wow... I have a 3 almost 4 yr old son, and I couldn't ever dream of him doing something like this.... wow...
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 5:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• You just need to supervise them. I think you're over sexualizing the situation because you disagree with your sister's lifestyle.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 5:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• tell your sister what happened. why not let them play together? it's not like they know what they're doing. i'd let them play together either way, just with a bit more supervision.
    Anonymous

• sad to say, but reading this i was more shocked that your 3yr old is in a diaper...
    Anonymous

• i know for a fact that she has sex with her children in the same room. who WOULDNT disagree with that??
    Anonymous

• You explain private parts, you tell your sister and you supervise them when they play. The bigger deal you make about something this small the more it will stand out in their mind. He is 4..It isn't like a 9 or 10 year old was behaving this way. That would be a far different thing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• for the most part she is potty trained.. but has the tendency to sneak outside to poop in her pants. so if she wants to play outside she wears a pull up not panties. no big deal.
    Anonymous

• Wow, thats crazy. I would tell your sister about what happened, maybe she can talk to her son about it, and tell him he shouldnt be doing things like that. And maybe she'll realize this is one reason why she shouldn't be letting her son watch her and her boyfriends in the bedroom. that's crazy.
    and to grneyedgrandma: No offense, but still, even if he is 4, he should be told right from wrong
    Anonymous