Marriage and the Church

Lately I have been doing some deep thinking on gay marriage and Christian marriage. As Christians do you believe that is it our duty to raise the standard in our own marriage for people to see the love of Christ has for his people (the church)? Do you believe that making a commotion about gay marriage is really adding insult t to injury and is defeating the purpose of our witness? I honsetly believe that you have the choice to offer you marriage an acceptable sacrifice unto God. (gay marriage is not accepted) And we should live out marriage is the bible says to give light on the TRUE meaning and design for marriage. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• When Christians begin to understand why God made Man and Woman to be together as one, will they ever understand why gay marriage is against everything God is. Yes we need to raise a standard on marriages( not ssm). Gay marriages you can never become one... you can never produce a child, you can never have a true covenant love. God does not honor it, never has and never will.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• "And we should live out our marriage as the bible says" sorry for the typo
    Anonymous

• i think, i dont care. God still loves them no matter what, he just disagrees on some of their actions. I think if they want to be gay, let them be gay, as long as I can stop hearing about it all over the internet and news.
    Anonymous

•  Yes we need to raise a standard on marriages( not ssm).

_____________________________________________

How is that working for you?

Anonymous

• Is that supposed to be a slam to shaneagle, anon607? tacky, at best.
    Anonymous

• How's the sanctity of 3 day celeb marriages, John McCain’s or Newt Gingrich’s 3rd marriage holding up for you? How about compared to gay people that have been together 15+ years? Gay "marriages" last longer than straight ones, many times. What a surprise, right? NOT. And since religion cannot be used to oppose ssm, there really is not anything more to say on the subject. Gods bless America!

Have a read of this and get the facts in you. http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i am a bit confused by your question but i will give you my thoughts of marriage. I do not think Gays should be marrried in a churchbecaue the bible states that it is an abomination. I do not see a problem witha legal union not called marriage for pure legal meassures. I will not protest gay marriage because i feel that it does put christianity in a bad light. I tis my job as a christian to show the lords love in every aspect of my life including marriage
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 7:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree with first poster and mom2snsb. As far as Christianity goes, it is a sin, and abomination, and I don't understand how anyone can think otherwise. A misinterpretation? Oh wow... pleaaaase. It is just another case of someone fitting the bible to work with how they want to live their lives, not how GOD wants them to live their lives.
    Aside from religion, I don't see a problem with gay marriage, though I would never vote for it simply because I would feel I was encouraging others to sin... not that they wouldn't have the relationship anyway... but I guess I wonder... would Jesus condone gay marriage? Nope. WWJD, right? Hahaha :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think lots of people (of all sexual orientations) do not understand marriage and relationships under the same religious context that I do.

Anonymous

• NightPhoenix"Gay "marriages" last longer than straight ones, many times."

Going on 20 years, and parents hitting 60 years of our straight marriages going strong, with a gay cousins who marriage didn't last two years I can honestly say straight marriages last longer than gay ones, many times. What a surprise, right? NOT.
    Anonymous