Has anyone tried hypnotherapy for their child?

We are considering trying hypnotherapy for our 8 year old son. He is bi-polar and has a major anxiety disorder and had heard that this is a good way to teach him how to handle the issues on his own (like at school, etc., when we are not there to help) Does anyone have any insight into this?

beautifulbegins

Asked by beautifulbegins at 5:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would do some research FIRST. I wold not take any chances with MY Child. good luck.
    Anonymous

• have you considered acupuncture? hypnotism sounds a little much for a little kid- keep in mind that the needles used for acupuncture are not really needles like you may envision. They are just this little thin flexible pieces of metal. usually you can't even tell they are going in-
    it's done wonders for me- I don't know much about having it done on kids, so if you did want to try it I'd talk to lots of people to get opinions.
    good luck-
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010