BFing and irregular bleeding (lots of tmi, good stuff)

I've been BFing for 29 months. After DD I had very regular cycles starting at 8 weeks postpartum. After DS, however, I bled for days and when my period came back at 8 weeks pp they came back different. The flow is different, the duration is different, and now I seem to be bleeding in between. DS is now 5 months. I'm on day 14 of my cycle and watery blood has appeared. Weird. I have never been one to bleed right before ovulation.
My OB said that this is normal.
I'm not convinced.
Someone tell me they have expereinced the same thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Health

• Are you on the minipill? This is known to happen with it. Irregular cycles ARE indeed regular while nursing, though.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• OMGoodness I had the same problem! I was BFing and on the minipill.. now my periods were NEVER normal.. I went on BC when I was 14 because I would have my period for a month straight and 2 weeks later get it again(for a month straight!) While I was BFing and on minipill I would be on my period for a week then off then on then nothing for months! I do think this is quite normal.. either that or we are both freaks of nature :) I can deal with that
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• op: no hormonal bc at all
    Anonymous