WHY say PREGO??

I do not understand WHY women say the word "PREGO" instead of pregnant. It sounds so negative or nasty to me. Like being pregnant is a bad thing? What is up with that? I do not "get it".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It just reminds me of spaghetti sauce.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Prego, its whats inside. lol..... yummy sauce tho!!
    Anonymous

• What a stupid "word". It sounds like you have a disease or something. LOL!
    Anonymous

• I never refered to myself as prego bc it was something the girls said when we were in hs- and we had ALOT of teen pregnancies... It to me seems negative. Like she got knocked up baby her baby daddy and now shes prego. Too trashy for me.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• prego and preggers are fine words by me
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Its not supposed to be a "negative" thing. Most people think its cute to say! I work in maternity and we all say it!!!!!
    Lisamomof3girls

Answer by Lisamomof3girls at 6:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• LOL my boyfriend hates this too! He's Italian and prego means "your welcome" in Italian. He also doesn't get why a tomato sauce is called "your welcome" either lol. We use it anyways but this question made the both of us laugh :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I would have felt stupid if I had used the words "prego" or "preggers" to describe myself when I was 35. It seems too cute and immature for a grown up woman.
    Anonymous

• would you prefer knocked up? that is the one I can't stand. Prego "It's in there!"
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 6:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I don't understand this either. "Knocked up" is another one that bothers me. It sounds trashy and immature. You have a child growing inside you, not some sort of illness!
    Anonymous