Is nursing school hard to get into?

jblack34

Asked by jblack34 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• In my area YES YES YES!
    wubbunny420

Answer by wubbunny420 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• That all dependss on who is applying. Getting in wasn't the hard part. The work load was crazy. When I went to nursing school I was already married with two kids. I went back to school to finish my degree when my youngest started school full time. maybe it just seemed more stressful because I was juggling so much. If you really want it you can make it happen though. Just go into nursing for the right reason. My sister got her LVN first then finished school for her BSN several years later. She was a single parent and needed income while finishing her BSN.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• You have to take a certain test and have a certain GPA to get into the program.
    Lisamomof3girls

Answer by Lisamomof3girls at 6:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Availability of classes is also a problem. The community college district here has been cutting classes, so it's much harder to get into the nursing program here.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes, about a 2 year waiting list, but you can take your prerequsites during that time. Get on the list right away. I chose not to go to nursing after working at the hospital 5 years and seeing them mostly doing paperwork, there is an huge amount of charting that has to be done to avoid lawsuits. Now I work at home which has always been my dream.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 7:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2010