Burping?!

My 13 month old is fascinated with burping so much that he forces himself to burp which causes him to throw up. Is there a way to make him stop this or will it stop with time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like a frat boy in the making... no, I'm kidding... I'm sorry, no experience with this. With any behavior you want to discourage that's not directly harming anyone, I think the first thing to try is to ignore the behavior, let the novelty wear off, and most likely he'll just stop... that's the only thing that worked for my daughter gelling her hair back with pureed carrots on a daily basis.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 6:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree with the pp that your best bet is to ignore it. If he gets a good reaction out of you he will only do it more!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010