how do i know if i'm dehydrated

i'm 7 week preggers an for the last few week i been finding it hard to eat not becuase i feel sick just because i niver feel hunger. now i stoped wanting to drink i only taken a few sips of water over the last few days . i notest my pee is very dark

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 5:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Preggers? What is that? Is being pregnant such a negative thing?

Have you had any water to drink today? How much did the doctor tell you to drink?
    Anonymous

• That is a sign of being dehydrated. You need to get 64oz of fluid during the day.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• yeah you def need water, i notice when dh doesnt drink his water i can smell his pee. and if i dont my pee burns, even if you have to put half Aplle juice half water is fine i know i dont like drinkin plain water all the time. even those flavor things will work... drink up!!!!!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• sorry it maybe a scottish thing preggers is just short from pregnant its not ment as a negative thing at all

how much have drank today less then a glass of water a lot less and its nearly 11 pm hear. in scotland we dont really see doctors when pregnant i'm due to be meeting my midwife soon
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• yes. drink juice water, tea, powerade. not so much pop cus its bad for the body. no prob about the preggers thing, my husbands family is full scots lol
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• that the thing my lips are so dry but i just dont feel like drinking or eatting
    i just dont know how to make my self i only get it when i'm pregnant every other time i'm a good eatter and drinker
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes, you are dehydrated. I've been having the same problem with not feeling hungry or thirsty, but I force myself. Try drinking lemonade. It may sound weird in the winter time, but lemon is actually very easy on the stomach, and it gets liquids into you, plush a nice, healthy dose of vitamin C. Also, force yourself to eat some cheese and crackers. That will not only keep your stomach from getting unsettled, but it will also make you feel more thirsty.
    Anonymous

• chappy stick lol. i know i've been forcing myself to drink wata!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• can you drink tea? if you can get some decaf that is as good as water. raspberry tea is good for the uterus too!
    congrats on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I hate drinking water but once i got pregnant i started forcing myself, but somehow I still don't get enough. my doc said a major sign is you'll start having cramps...not contractions...just uncomfortable almost period like cramping, i get dry lips as well and feel really parched. And dark urination can be a sign as well. He also told me that when I was really nauseas try adding a little lemon to your water, and it helped!
    blueangel916

Answer by blueangel916 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010