Loud shouting preachers

Can you ever imagine Jesus shouting and yelling his message? When he was here preaching?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I sure can! He preached to crowds of THOUSANDS before microphones were invented! *does Holy Ghost hop*
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 6:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• LOL I love your name!
    Anonymous

• He knocked over the table in the temple...he was able to get his message across in many different ways.

I personally dont like a screaming preacher..but I do respect their zeal and zest for Jesus ;)
    Anonymous

• Its not for me, but if others prefer this there is nothing wrong with it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• umm he was pretty bold so yes!
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I dont think so. He was humble and peaceful and didnt have a need to bring attention to himself in that way. In matthew 6:5 he states

Matthew 6:5 (New American Standard Bible)

5"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to (A)stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners (B)so that they may be seen by men (C)Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full

So I dont think he would do the same thing.
    Anonymous

• He didnt knock over a table anon at 6:52. I am sure that brought attention to him.
    Anonymous

--------------------

huh? im talking about him preaching not knocking a table over.
    Anonymous

• "I sure can! He preached to crowds of THOUSANDS before microphones were invented! *does Holy Ghost hop* "

That made me giggle.

But seriously, The Bible says Go and spread the Word. How we do it is specific to each culture and social group. Jesus didn't speak English either, so does that mean we should all learn Aramaic to be just like Jesus? I don't think so. I can only assume you are speaking mostly of the pentecostal and/or African American churches although others do it. You have to understand it is part of their spiritual history and tradition to be excited in worship.

Not your cup of tea....don't drink it.
    AissasMom

Answer by AissasMom at 8:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think she is referring to the loud and boisterous preachers, like you may think of a southern baptist preacher or a televangelist. I think it really matters the message they are getting across. Cultures are different (even different areas of the US!) and if the people are encouraged and are hearing the word, who is to say it is the wrong way to preach? Personally, I wouldn't get much from it because I would be distracted. but it is GOOD to get excited about the preaching. I'm sure Jesus taught with enthusiasm and emphasis, though I don't know about jumpin' around, raising up his hands jazz-hand style, but hey, the people listened... who would sit around during a monotonous sermon? *shrug* jmo :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2010