How come when you express dislike for something that someone else likes

you are automatically branded a "hater?" Why can't we not like the same things without being called names?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because some people are ignorant.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 6:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It depends. If someone says I like mushrooms, and you go on and on about how disgusting they are and how you can never eat them, and how they're fungi and gross in disgusting places, etc etc for 5 minutes what kind of reaction do you expect?

A simple oh, I don't like that is enough. Dragging it through mud to make SURE the other person knows your true feelings isn't making you look too intelligent yourself.
    Anonymous

• It definitely depends on what it is you hate....do you hate mushrooms or gay people? do you hate fish or minorities? do you hate tailgaiters or jews? See what I'm saying? Tell us what you hate and I'll be able to answer your question better.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. ^
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree with both anons.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think it depends on how you answer or state your disagreement. Of course we're going to disagree on things but just be nice about it or else why answer the question?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think it all depends on how we express our opinions. We're all different with different views on things. I can't stand it when people can't agree to disagree. I don't have to think how you think or anybody else but I'm also not going to shove my views down your throat. That's the biggest problem I've seen on CM, all the drama about who's right and who's wrong. To each their own, express your opinion respectfully and move on.
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I like the first reply.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010