Was I a cruddy friend?

Last night hubby & I got into a fight and he slept on the couch. I cannot sleep without him so I stayed up all night tossing. We made up in the a.m. so after I dropped off the kids at school I laid down for a nap. Phone rings 10 minutes into nap. It's my friend that lives a couple miles away. She asks if I'll drive her to the DMV. I tell her I'm in my pj's (which I was) and she says no prob, you can wait in the car. I tell her I am dead tired and that I am napping BUT I can take her at noon when I pick up my youngest. She said nevermind. She needed me to take her to the DMV to get her tags. Hers had expired & she was afraid to drive the mile or so. Anyways I kinda feel bad but I was exhausted. Am I a jerk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Not at all. You were willing to compromise and help her out, but it wasn't a good fit. I wouldn't worry about it.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 7:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I don't think you were a jerk. You didn't say you wouldn't take her at all. DID you explain the situation to her before you told her that you'd take her later?
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 6:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• @christa-Yes, I told her I hadn't slept and why.
    Anonymous

• No, you weren't a jerk.
    She called at the last minute and asked for a ride, you weren't prepared or ready to do so. You offered to do it later and she didn't take you up on that offer.
    That was her choice.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree not a cruddy friend. You tried to accomodate her request, it was a life threatening situation it could have waited a couple of hours.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• no, you weren't a jerk. You told her when you could take her and she turned it down.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• people are just jerks, they want you to drop everything for them. i get that from my sil, she'll wanna go to utah for the day so i say ok but if i ask her one little favor its like i stabbed her!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 7:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No way. You were cool. I would not worry about it.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Love the way you put that! Thanks Bella.
    Anonymous

• She shouldn't have let her tags expire. So it's her problem not your's

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2010