What can i do for my 1 month old, he's really sick, sneezing constantly, and coughing all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use saline in his nose, humidifier. Don't let him sleep laying flat (Put him in a reclined position in a bouncer). Take him to the pediatrician - he/she may be able to prescribe something for newborns. Need to check for ear infections too....

Ack! :( It is sooooo sad to see your baby suffering like that!! Hope he feels better very very very soon!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Breastfeed, breastfeed, breastfeed. This is one of the best reasons to breastfeed. By breastfeeding you will shorten the length and intensity of any illness baby may pick up and there is no better cure or pain reliever for baby.

Anonymous

• You can turn your shower on and get your bathroom really steamy and sit in there with the baby for 10-15 minutes and let him breathe in that and that will help some I would call the doctors in the AM first thing and have the baby checked for ear infection and they should listen to his lungs, keep him in an up postion DON'T LAY HIM FLAT. Poor babys I hope he feels better really soon!!!!
    Anonymous

• Have you taken him to the Dr.? I would take a one month old who is coughing to the Dr. asap.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Take him to the doctor asap he could have RSV and that is something you want to catch before it gets too bad.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2010