Does anyone use a CPAP machine?

I am going to have to get one soon (to correct sleep apnea) and they LOOK HORRIFIC and uncomfortable! During my sleep study, I awoke in the middle of the night feeling like I was suffocating. I can't believe people sleep with one every single night! But I have to.....and I would like a recommendation for the type that is most comfortable, most quiet, and least invasive.....

TLALONDE16

Asked by TLALONDE16 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Health

• My spouse has used one for 7 or 8 years. The “white noise” of the machine is so much quieter than the snoring. When he first got the cpap, it took me a few days to adjust. He immediately slept better and less¸ and lost about ten pound over the first two months; his blood pressure dropped, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I have one, and I have a over the nose mask. I started with the "nose pillows" but they hurt my nose too much. You do get used to it, but it takes time. My husband also has one, and he's gotten used to his very quickly and loves it. I don't like mine so much, but I know that I have to use it.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2010