Bath toys

My daughter bath toys seems to get this nasty thin slime on it after a while. I wash her toys from time to time, but the slime get EVERYWHERE. Like her rubber ducky the inside of them get that nasty slime, and when you go to use it, and it fills up with water and you squirt it out that nasty slime comes out so I end up just throwing it away. Anyone have any tricks on how to clean out the inside of the bath toys. I even make sure that I empty all the water out after shes done, and hang them up on the net on the bath tub.

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• hot bleachy water. Just fill the tub a little and soak all the toys. Suck the bleachy water into the duckies and let them soak. Then do the same a few times in clean water to get the bleach out. They should be cleaned every time you clean the tub and bathroom. LIke others say, the ones wtih holes are kinda yucky. but there are many options that you can still use in the tub that don't hold water in them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Boil them then bleach them then rise them out really good that's what I have to do.
    Anonymous

• I do not let my kids have any bath toys that water can get into .. cut one of yours in half and look in side .. when I did before I knew about it there was black mold in there. I just use the bath letters and numbers and tea sets instead!
    ahyesme

Answer by ahyesme at 7:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yeah, we don't buy the toys with holes in them. We bought a nice big set at Target. It is a tugboat with a captain and a bunch of different fish, a fishing rod and some cups. None of them can get water trapped inside. We had this Elmo on a lifesaver and YUCK, this black crap came out of it . . . . we threw it straight into the trash!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010