does my baby can read realy work

i have two children one is 3 and theother is almost 1 was thinking about getting my baby can read does it work

chevy69

Asked by chevy69 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never tried it, but as a reading specialist I can tell you it is a scam. If you want your child to get a "head start" then the best thing you can do is talk to them a lot, read to them a lot, let them learn through play and exploration and limit tv/screen time as much as possible. Even if your baby can memorize the words on the cards and learn to "read" them, it is not going to help them in the long run, the other stuff I said before will be much more valuable for your child in the long run that that silly program. A big waste of money if you ask me. Instead spend your money on some good quality blocks, puzzles, and books.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Work with your children and that works best that's all they have you pay for you can go to walmart and buy flash cards or make your own.
    Anonymous

• My sons aunt bought it for him. It works. Sure you could just talk to your child but he can identify words and pronounce some of the words of the songs. He even recites body parts to me and phrases that he learns. Im impressed. There is a 30 day money back guarantee. Try it. Besides I play it back to back twice while I clean or cook. He loves it and hes 18 months old.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• do you believe everything you read or hear.. LMAO!! I hate those ads.. Heck no!!! don't waste your money
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• We have it. I don't do the flash cards or anything else, but my LO learned her colors, and can say many more words after using it. By the way letter factory and word factory by leap frog are just as good and a lot cheaper.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My mom used it for my little brother. When he was 1.5 years old he knew his colors, numbers and letters. Seeing that, I say it works but every child is different.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• gees.. let your kid grow up nautrally... wtf?! is wrong with all you people, let kids be kids
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2010