Pregnant with twins... when should we have the baby shower???

My mom is the one throwing it for me ... and she wants to know when to have it but I just keep going back and forth... the end of April... no, the middle of March... no, the beginning of April. LoL. The reason I can't seem to make up my mind is..... I don't wanna wait too long because being pregnant with twins, you never know if they will decide to come early! But I don't wanna have the shower too soon either. I know a girl that gave birth to a preemie and ended up having the shower AFTER the baby was born. And I just don't wanna have to do it that way! Any suggestions?

By the way, I am 19 weeks right now.

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when are you due?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• two months before due date.
    Anonymous

• June 26th... but the doc says we will probably deliver around the end of May (36 weeks) because I have a history of early labor and preeclampsia.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• then I say begining of april
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• congrats!!!
    i started getting contractions with my twins at 5 1/2 mos. we found out we were having twins at 6 months.
    by 34-35 weeks i couldn't stand for 10 minutes without having a contraction. if you really want to enjoy it, and be active, have it very early!
    if you want to get the nursery together, or do laundry or put together gifts, then you may even consider February! two books i read suggested eating 1000 calories for each baby, in addition to your 1800 calories! some believe that the preemies are b/c moms are malnourished. have you heard of eating extra protien for preeclampsia? i never looked into it, but i know a woman who had preeclampsia for #1, but not for #2 or #3, her plan before getting pregnant with #2 was extra protein.
    again congrats! sorry about the extra info!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2010