What are my chances of getting pregnant after coming off the pill? I am on my period now but want to conceive asap

I have been on the pill for a few years, I had my period on December 25th and then never started a new pack of birth control, I am on my period now I got it on January 31st. I really want to conceive what do you think my chances are of getting pregnant within the next month?

rosesarered333

Asked by rosesarered333 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• they say that once you get off the birth control pill your VERY fertal.. so just keep trying and you should be able to get pregnant..
    :):):):) Good Luck :)
    bestmomtobeever

Answer by bestmomtobeever at 8:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/ovulationday.html about 25%, some as low as 12%
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• The recommendation is to go off of your BC 6 months before you plan to try because it can take that long to completely leave your system. That being said some women do get pregnant right away because the body may ovulate right away after stopping the BC hormones.

To maximize your chances of concieving get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart. We TTC for 9 month formy daughter. Finally I decided to chart and got pregnant in 1 month. Then when we TTC my son I started charting right away and got pregnant that month.

For best results chart Basal Body Temp, Cervical Mucus, and Cervical position.
    Anonymous