To mothers over 30 years. When did you feel too old to have more kids?

I am 27 years old and my only child is 18 months old. I want 3 more but I feel like I need to have the next one no later than 30 and the next two back to back after that. I want 4 kids in all but I want to finish beauty school and get a career so that I can feel assured that I atleast feel financially ready. But did or does anyone over 30 feel too old to have more kids? I am not saying that you should.

Queentdi

Asked by Queentdi at 8:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 32,I'm 37 now
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• 20
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I had my last one at 42. I'm enjoying him so much but I wouldn't have another at this age, maybe cut off 40. I have lots of patience but 0 energy. I'm better off with finaces & I work only 2 -12 hour shifts.
    Anonymous

• my cut off with be 35yrs old. I'm 26 now with a 7year old boy. When I am done with nursing school (4yrs) and finally married to my fiance, we will start having children (probably 30-31yrs old). Everyone's idea of "too old" is relative. It depends on the person and what they want in life. I want to get my bachelors degree in nursing and be married before I have anymore children so I have a while to wait, which is fine with me. I wanted to have all my children before I was 30 but I also decided that I wanted to have a good career so I could support the children we have.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My mother is an older mother; she had me at 37, and my sister at 40. (She didn't get married until she was 35, though.) I had my first son at just turned 33, my second at 34almost 35, and they're 19 months apart. I was going to go for #3, but I felt so overwhelmed with two tiny ones. At 37-38, I thought long and hard about it, but decided not to even try. While lots of older mothers have completely normal pregnancies/births, I'm completely paranoid. And, I'm in the field of Special Education: I see first hand what could possibly happen. So, I guess 35-37 is where I felt too old. I will leave you with some words from my momma (who has finally stopped asking me when I was going for a girl): you don't regret the children you have, only the ones you don't. (Meaning: don't think about it too long!) Good luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I am 32, and couldn't image having another. We have 4 though. I think it is a personal choice, and say to each her own. :)
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 8:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i say 35 is the max for me bc i would be scared of having a child w/ down's syndrome
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• im 22, and my husband is 27, we have decided that we arent going to have anymore kids after he turns 30. so we have about 3 more years. we really only want 1 more, but i want to wait a little while.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Wow Jonosmama. You brought a tear to my eye. Dont wait too long is exactly right. I have been told that before but it has a wiser sense to it when said by a stranger. Almost makes you want to smack yourself on the forehead and say DUH!
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I had my last baby at 37. I don't feel too old now but the pregnancy was definitely much harder on my body than my previous two at ages 21 and 23. Would never have another. I even have gray hairs from the experience lol.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 8:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2010