Question for mom's of two children.

Was is easier for you to have just one child, or easier having two?
I'm not asking if you regret it or anything, but I've actually heard a lot of people say that having one was harder then two because they are more clingy, demanding of your time, they want you to play with them all the time etc. But of couse there are down falls of having two also, I just wanted to know your opinions on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't have a second yet. I will in May. I'd have to say having one kid for the past 3.5 years has been a piece of cake. I have never had any "clingy" issues. I am sure two will be more stressful.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i think it depends on the age difference. My kids are 13yrs apart and it's great. My oldest is 15 and the LO is 2, my 15yo changes diapers, plays with him, reads to him, she's soooo in love with him. It's easy for me. When dd gets home, she tells me go take a shower or do your nails and i'll watch the baby, she's great.
    Anonymous

• One. They are both clingy and demanding of my time. It doesn't matter that they have each other to play with. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My boys are 19 months apart, and my #2 was a BIG surprise. For me, having the two small kids was extremely stressful during the first 3 years. But, it worked out. They drive me nuts and each other up a wall, but we can't imagine it any other way. I think it's easier the second time around only because you know have a realistic idea of what to expect AND a schedule. It depends on you and your temperament, too. I was a basket case for those first 3 years, but my girlfriend who has two girls 16 months apart was completely cool with it. Good luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• 1 was definitely easier. He knows how to play by himself, but i was able to devote ALL my time and attention to him and now those are split between my son and my daughter. He doesn't "need" more time really, but he wants it now that i have to give some of it away!
    but yeah, i adore them both, and i always knew i wanted more than one. the older the baby gets, the easier it's getting. i feel like i worry less about the baby this time around. (although there are still days like today, when you feel like you can't get anything done!) :)
    Anonymous

• Having two makes having one seem like none. Seriously! lol. I love them both dearly and I love that they have eachother, but its about 100x times harder, IMO.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• One was easy-breezy! She is very independent and not clingy. We figured, hey why not have another?! Our second is very clingy and it's so freaking annoying. Sure, they play together most of the time, but they fight too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2010