Does anyone have a proven home remedy to whiten teeth

I have tried the things they sell at the stores to whiten teeth, such as toothpaste, strips, but nothing works.

Does anyone have a real home remedy to whiten teeth.
Thank you

bluna3

Asked by bluna3 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Baking soda is the best.
    Anonymous

• First OP again. Baking soda has been used for years to whiten teeth. It's cheap, and it works too. Just wet your tooth brush and dab it in the baking soda, then brush.
    Anonymous

• swish with peroxide.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• baking soda.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I disagree with all the answers you have recieved. I have 22 years as a dental hygienist and know quite a lot about tooth whitening.
    Baking soda can be too abrasive to the enamel and will only remove surface stains. Peroxide has been found to destroy healthy tissue.
    Natural teeth are not stark white - most people have a yellow or gray tint to their teeth. Professional whitening products can take up to 10 treatments to see a visible change in color.
    Whitening toothpastes do not whiten the teeth they are designed to maintain the whiteness after a professional whitening.
    treatment. The only over the counter product that I know works are the Crest white strips. They use the same ingredients as a professional whitening product only not as strong. It may take using them continously for several weeks before you see results. Make sure you use the color guide to compare how much the colr has lifted. It's a gradual change.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Crest white strips are Awesome! I saw results after only one use, and your not supposed to see results til the third day of using them twice a day! The only problem was it did make my teeth a little sensitive (it warns it might) so I havent used it a second time.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2010