Has anyone tried Nutrisystem?

What was your experience?

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 8:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I didn't but my pal did. She lost a lot of weight pretty quickly. She also had a great deal to lose. Then she hit a plateau and got some plastic surgery done. Obviously, the cost of the diet was not a factor for her.

She chose it because she is really a crappy cook and did a bad job measuring food on her own. Her kids and husband are extremely skinny so they have totally different meals than she has. It was easier for her. She said some of it was gross, like some a of the flavors of bars and snacks. But over all she was happy that it tasted okay.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I tried it for about a month and I got sick because the foods are so laden with preservatives and other crap. It was also over $300 a month. I can buy fruits, vegetables, grains, and other natural foods for cheaper.
    Anonymous