when can i get my babys ears pierced?

shes going to be 6 monthes feb 20th

Tbaby61727

Asked by Tbaby61727 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my mom did it when I was 3 months old. I have boys, so I don't know.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• 3 mo, so you're good to go
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Please don't! That is her body and you shouldn't decide to alter it in any unneeded way. Let her decide if she wants pierced ears when she grows up. Baby girls are not our little dolls to dress up!
    Anonymous

• anon, I'm glad my mom did it when I was baby. I didn't have to be nervous about feeling it or anything. I would have gotten my ears pierced anyway. If she doesn't like it, then she can stop wearing earings and the holes will grow together. What's the big deal?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• dont listen to anon 7:40 .. its your child. do as you wish.
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon 8:40 atleast wait till shes old enough to say yes or no and can decide a little more for herself dont be selfish
    Anonymous

• then i guess u shouldnt have kids, b/c you dont know if they wanna be here on this horrible peace of shit planet!!
    Anonymous

• The big deal is that it is not your body, it's hers and it should be up to her if she is going to have holes in any part of it. Put bows in her hair if you want to dress her up but don't make permanent alterations to her body. I know this is not the same thing but what if someone came on saying they wanted to pierce their daughter's eyebrow or lip - people would freak but for some odd reason it is socially expectable to punch holes in our daughter's ears?!!?
    Anonymous

• why not wait until she can decide? just wondering, but why DO people do this with babies? I was at a store once and the mother was getting the babies ears pierced and her wouldn't let the babies 13 year old brother do it-
    I just don't understand.
    Anonymous

• im getting my daughters ears pierced when she is 2 weeks old. if she does not like them, she can take them out when she gets older. but what girl does not want her ears pierced??? hell, if it was up to me, i would get her belly button done as well, im looking into a nose stub for her as well. and thats going to get done when i do her ears.
    Anonymous