packing school lunch

My son packs his lunch everynow and than but sandwiches get old,what do you pack for your child? Do you ever pack stuff that should be ate warm and if you do how do you keep it warm?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son has the exact same thing (he is autistic) peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cheetos, strawberry yogurt and hi-c or capri-sun. For snack he has peanut butter and crackers.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My son takes lunch almost every day, we have an insulated container that we put leftovers, beefaroni, ravioli, etc in I just heat it a little hotter than you would to eat it and it stays warm until lunch time.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• When I taught kids could heat food in the microwave if they needed to, so I would see if that was the case. My mom packed me soups , stew, chili etc in a thermos, other stuff in tupperware that could be heated if I could. They do make insulated tupperware stuff now that keeps stuff warm, and there are also hot packs to throw in to keep the heat. You can do so much for lunches if they have microwave access.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• kc932,my son does the same thing with his autism.He has chiken chunks,brown rice,applesauce,teddy grahams,and juicy juice
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2010