Autism & Vax Doc does this change your opinion?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599195765600

So, the doc that did the study "proving" the link between vax and autism has been found to be unethical. Does this change anybody's opinion on vax?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, because I never believed vaccinations cause autism. I do believe that not all children should be vaccinated because there is an underlying genetic component that will cause complications in children if they receive certain vaccinations.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• no. i was vaccinated and i dont have any issues. my daughter is getting all her shots and so far so good.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No, that isn't the only reason that I don't vax my kids and myself.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 9:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i vax, to me it's just stupid not to. that's just MY opinion. i wouldn't want my child to die, even if it gave him autism (which it didn't) i'd still want him around. just sayin.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Nope, I still think that the way it is done is too much for tiny bodies to metabolize and therefore I am picky about the ones they get and when they get them, and that is my right as an educated, careful parent.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No... I never thought vaccinations and autism were linked. People need to vax their kids... it is dangerous if people stop doing it for fear of negative effects. if kids aren't getting vaccinated, diseases will come right back. Hello Polio and gee, your kid didn't get autism but now he can't walk or is dead. Seriously, even with the mixed vaccines, there isn't enough there to hurt a kid. With ANY kind of foreign something going into anyone (allergy shots? cigarettes? play dough (im speaking for children here!)) there is danger of some adverse reaction. If a kid gets autism, it is inborn from the get go... stop blaming vaccines! I personally am glad school require kids to have certain vaccines...
    Yes a parent has the right to choose, but at other children's expense? Ok, spread them out over time. Just get them done!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Nope. And I think it's scary that we've completely thrown out the hypothesis against the word and intuition of tons of women who have kids with vaccine injuries. There are unethical studies done regularly, but this was only found unethical well after Wakefield was lambasted by the medical establishment and the press. He has a good point - they did the same thing to the Doctor who founded aseptic technique.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 10:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Just so that you know, kids can go to school without vaccinations, also diseases will not all of sudden come back, we killed them off that has NOTHING to do with vaccines it has to do with the treatments that got rid of them. I will give my kids whichever ones I want, and I will most likely not give MMR at all or until they have a big enough body and metabolism to process it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• also diseases will not all of sudden come back, we killed them off that has NOTHING to do with vaccines

If that is not a moronic statement, I don't know what is. Of course vaccines had to do with the killing off these diseases. THEY STOPPED BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE PROTECTED AGAINST THEM. People on cafemom say the stupidest things. We studied vaccines in Microbiology and when the vaccines came about, the diseases started to disappear which is an obvious result. If I walk around barefoot on broken glass, of course my feet will get cut BUT if I put shoes on and then suddenly my feet aren't getting cut anymore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Well, that would be common sense for most people!
    Anonymous

• no because for a vax to cause a child to have autism the child has to have the predispotion of a chromosonal defect first.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2010