Low amniotic fluid?

Has anyone here been diagnosed with low aminiotic fluid? My SIL was told that her amniotic fluid was low and the baby was measuring small. She is 29 weeks pregnant and was put on complete bed rest. She has been TTC for ten years and finally became pregnant through IVF last summer. She's still pretty young (34). She has had a tubal pregnancy and several miscarriages in the past, so we are naturally worried about her. Everything I've read is so conflicting. Does anyone have personal experience with this????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told at my 20 week that I had low fluid, but I guess it wasn't that bad because they just wanted to re-check me with another US I think 4 weeks later and I was back to normal, sounds like your SIL's situation is a bit more serious...did they give a prognosis?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I had low fluid but it was at 41 weeks. If the bedrest works the way it is meant she will restock her fluid, it is continuously made, so it can be replenished to an extent. If the home bedrest doesn't work they may put her on hospital bedrest to make sure that she is truly resting. They baby may end up small, but if they can keep labor away and keep her fluid level high enough the baby will have time to grow.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010