what is your splurge item at the supermarket when grocery shopping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, I'd say fresh produce, I buy TONS of it, its a huge percentage of my bill. There are always splurges here and there for special occasions, but the produce is every week no matter what. I did just buy a giant bag of pistachios for DH and DD, they were on sale for $7.50, couldn't pass it up. Once in a blue moon I'll buy flowers too.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• For me, it would be the bite size cheesecakes. For my husband, it would be sushi.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Anything junk food- chips and salsa, cookies, Ice cream just nothing but junk food.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 9:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My local market has a great seafood department and they have 2 japanese chefs preparing sushi and other stuff. DD gets the sushi and i get shrimp, lots and lots of shrimp, mmm mmm mmm.
    Anonymous

• They put those candy bars right at the check out because they KNOW, the just know that I'm going to buy 3-4 to put in my purse.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• almonds!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 10:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• fresh fruit.. even if it's not in season!!!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Usually nothing, but last time it was a small bag of cajun trail mix, sometimes if I have an extra couple of bucks an asian pear...
    Anonymous

• Honestly, everything. My husband and I decided long ago that we'd rather eat very well and that's the one thing we do not cut corners on. We shop at a local farmers market for everything including tea, coffee, bread, rice, oatmeal, seasonings, etc.. We don't buy any food from local grocery stores, we prefer fresh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Lots. my Dh likes the opposite than me, so we equally get out fixes. I splurge on liquids. I crave Coca-cola and dh likes gatorade. and juice boxes for the little one.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2010