is this normal?

my son is 2 1/2 and he is always telling me really weird things, like one day he told me that my bf was in a big truck and he'd be driving over a big bridge, i asked my bf about it and he said that he would be driving over a bridge that day (not his usual route). he's told me before that he sees a man, and anytime he sees this man, we will have weird electrical issues, like a light turning off, or the tv turning off. right now, he just snagged some of my makeup, put it on, and told me, 'i used to be a girl before mom'...he's 2 1/2, is this normal, or is he intuitive?! i'm lost!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• DS used to freak me out saying "I died here mommy" when we drove over a bridge we traveled a lot, when I told him he never died before he said "Yes when I was big and you were little". In one house he always talked about the sandman and then one day while driving past the cemetery my grandfather (who died before I was born) is buried in (DS 3 yo had never been there) he said "That's where grandpa Leon is buried" I had to pull over! No one in the family had ever taken him there or even talked about my g-pa, I asked everyone! I asked DS how he knew his name he said "He comes with the sandman". A few days after my MIL passed away I got up in the a.m. to find a yogurt container on the table, when asked about it DS (7 yo) said "Gramma Joyce said I could have it "
    "They" say children are more sensitive to spirits or whatever you want to call them and I believe it. As he has gotten older DS has said he misses them but we moved too.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Little guys can be the greatest tellers of tales. Make sure he knows the difference between reality and fantasy. Then, write his stories down. Teach him to go back and add to them. You never know. He may become the next Hemingway (without the drinking problem and 5 failed marriages of course!)
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• He's a kid - they say weird stuff. It doesn't necessarily "mean" anything.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• my son is 5 and he see spirits, at first i thought it was him dreaming stuff up but when 2 friends of mine committed suicide(2 separate occasions months a part) he knew all the details within a few minutes happening, i got calls t the next day when a friend and a family member called and told me that they killed themselves , how they did it and where..exactly as my 5 yr old said. he i myself have premonitions in dreams, so if it was meant to be a warning i dont hesitate to tell that person, ill risk lookin crazy if it saves a life.

check out some of Sylvia Browne's books most libraries carry all of her books..ones to check out would be child psychics life on the other side, and spirit guide. the book of dreams is also a good one, but necessarily wont help this particular situation. and if you want to share experience or just talk to someone about what your child see and say pertaining to this feel free to PM and/or add me
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• sorry for the typos im lil on the tired side tonight
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2010