How can I increase my breast milk production?

I need to make more milk and my daughter wont latch on to my left breast as well can anyone help me with my dilema?

Kable0120

Asked by Kable0120 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pump as often as you can while she is nursing on the right pump the left, and nurse often, and then pump in between.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• www.kellymom.com is a good resource..
    otherwise, you could talk to your kid's doctor/your ob... they can probably get you some info about a lactation consultant in your area...
    and pump!
    katatrinakay

Answer by katatrinakay at 10:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• they told me to "power pump" where you pump for ten minutes and rest for ten pump for ten and rest for ten. Even if your not getting anything do this for an hour. Thats what the lactation consultant told me to do and it worked good.. Pretty tedious but did the job
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• What makes you think your supply is low? For the latch problem, see LLL or an IBCLC. My kids both refused my left breast and were healthy EBF from one breast.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2010