Can a positive on a HPT fade?

Okay, so I took an HPT today, it's a dip kind not a midstream. I took it at 7:08pm. I lost track of time and I forgot to even look at it until 7:47pm. It was a faint positive. Then I went to find my camera to take a picture of it (lost the camera and then I had to wash my sons hands) so by the time I got back to take the picture it was 8:00pm. The line was gone! I'm not crazy I know I saw it but now I'm ancy! We've been TTC #2 for months now, had one miscarriage 2 months back. Any suggestions!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yep. That's why the instructions say not to wait longer than 10 minutes or something like that. Take another one to be sure. Wait the 2-3 mins required... take it during nap time or something so you don't get distracted.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• NONE of mine ever faded, but i'm sure it's not impossible. i used probably three or four different kinds and none of mine faded.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• All of mine from my DH faded, some quicker than others. I even got a negative after 4 positives, and then another positive right after the negative. I held the stick the wrong way. You have to be very careful to follow the instructions exactly to get an accurate result. Take another test, Good luck!!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 11:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• There are many things that can happen to cause an inaccurate result if you wait longer than 10 minutes. A positive result may even appear after 10 minutes when you're not really pregnant. There's lots of info on www.peeonastick.com
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 7:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2010