Is 36 wks to soon for my water to break

I was squatting to get fork and gush came down. Does this. Mean I nd to mointor contractions. What do I do now that my water broke?

PregnantYoung03

Asked by PregnantYoung03 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to go to the hosptial now, even if you aren't having any contractions. Once your water has broken, you are no longer protected from infections. Make sure you note the time your water broke, the smell of it, and the color. They may ask you those questions at the hospital. Get your bag and get going! Good luck! Congratulations!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• not too early at all, my water broke at 36 1/2 weeks. They will induce you most likely. Good luck and get your butt to the hospital.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I had my son the day I turned 35 weeks...so it isnt too early to have a baby...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Normally I would say unless you have a cord prolapse there is no need to rush off to the hospital just because your water broke. Your at more risk for infection at the hospital with all the vaginal checks than at home. You just need to make sure your hydrating orally.

HOWEVER, since your preterm it's probably a good idea to at least give your OBGYN or midwife a call.

I will tell you that when I was 36 weeks I felt a huge gush when I walked across the livingroom.I went to the bathroom, my panties were SOAKED and when I wiped there was blood. I thought for sure my water had broken. I was having contractions and very sharp pains in my vagina.

I went to the hospital the next morning after deal with contractions all night to be told that my water wasn't broken.

The nurse said that most likely I had a tiny hole in the sac that released fluids and my body attempted to go into labor but the hole must have sealed.
    Anonymous

• You really need to call your doctor or go into L&D and be checked out! Good luck!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2010